Chicken is a staple in our household. While I’m always on the hunt for new and exciting ways to spice up chicken, this oven-baked rotisserie-style chicken is one of my go-to recipes for dinner! I used to grab a pre-made rotisserie chicken from the store, but it is just as easy to make a roaster at home where you can control the ingredients. Plus, I almost always have some left over for a chicken salad the next day!
What you’ll need:
- Whole roaster chicken (5-7 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter (or ghee, if you are a clean eater!)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375º. While the oven is pre-heating, remove the innards from the roaster, rinse the chicken and pat it dry. I bake mine in a 9×12 baking dish.
2) Melt 1 1/2 tbsp. of butter and baste the chicken. I don’t take the time to put the butter under the skin…I simply brush it all over the chicken!
3) Mix the four spices together in a bowl and season the chicken.
4) Bake the chicken for 1 1/2 hours…you’ll know it’s done when the skin looks crispy! The roaster I get from our local Wegmans has a pop-up timer to let you know when it’s cooked.
I like to serve succulent slices of this oven-baked rotisserie chicken with green beans and a salad for a healthy, homemade meal.
Hope you enjoy it if you try this recipe!