In my quest to create new and interesting healthy-ish meals, I tried my hand at making pulled pork in the crockpot and placing it atop a sweet potato instead of bread. The savory and sweet flavors complimented each other so well! Next time, I’ll try to make a homemade BBQ sauce so the entire recipe is truly clean, but the recipe turned out great!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. boneless pork chops
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Small red onion (chopped)
- 2 tsps. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (more or less depending on your taste!)
- Green onions (for garnish)
1) In a small bowl, mix the spices together and then season the pork chops with the mixture.
2) Add the pork chops, chopped red onions, minced garlic and 1/2 cup water to the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
3) Shred the cooked pork chops and mix in the BBQ sauce.
4) Cook your sweet potatoes (I use the microwavable kind!). Add the pulled pork to the top of the potatoes and top with chopped green onions.
I served these pulled pork sweet potatoes with a salad for a complete meal.