Imagine your favorite pizza toppings. Now, imagine them coming together in a cheesy, bubbly bake without all the carbs from the crust! Try this easy pizza bake to satiate your cravings for those heavenly cheese-covered spheres.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. sausage (Choice is yours, folks…hot, sweet, regular, turkey, chicken…possibilities are endless!)
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms
- 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (I opted for the garlic version)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup pepperoni (I used the mini turkey pepperoni)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You’ll need two frying pans to start…one for the sausage and one for the mushrooms. If you opted for a sausage in casing, make sure to squeeze the sausage out of the casings. Cook until browned.
At the same time, saute your mushrooms with a bit of olive oil until they start to brown.
Now it’s time to assemble your bake! Layer your cooked sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes in a casserole dish. Sprinkle your seasonings evening over the top.
Cover with about half of your mozzarella, add the pepperoni, and then top it off with the other half of the cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. You can finish it off under the broiler if you like to make sure your cheese is extra bubbly!